Mission: The education ministry of First Presbyterian Church will develop, support, and sustain learning for people of all ages. Learning opportunities will encompass Bible knowledge, theology, church history, missions, and worship. This core of learning will be for the purpose of equipping the whole body of believers to do the work of God (Ephesians 4:10-16) throughout the world.
The Christian Education Committee will seek to support and fulfill this mission, primarily through support of a comprehensive Sunday School program, regular Confirmation program, Adult Education classes and seminars, and youth ministries. In addition to study groups, classes and programs, the Committee will collaborate with other church committees to provide opportunities for service, worship and fellowship for children and youth of the congregation.
- Select curriculum and set expectations for each age group.
- Track student attendance and progress.
- Recruit and staff teachers for each class.
- Provide basic administration, including supplying materials, communicating with parents, evaluating the success of the program, scheduling and planning.
- Ensure teachers have been trained and certified in child safety practices and state clearances are on file.
- Ensure teachers are trained on curriculum.
- Support adult education classes.
- Recruit moderators to lead adult discussion groups.
- Develop a curriculum model for adult education.
- Encourage, develop, and schedule additional short-term courses, activities and discussion groups for adults.
- Develop leadership and support a Youth/Teen ministry.
- Explore mission opportunities for youth.
- Expand Youth/Teen ministry to include community engagement.
Youth Service, Worship and Fellowship
- Support holiday programs and events in collaboration with other church committees.
- Support community works and volunteer opportunities with other church committees.
- Support participation in church life with other church committees.