Member Care Mission Statement
The Member Care Committee ministers to members of the congregation in both difficult and joyful times. We nurture and embrace all members and provide a continuing connection to the church family.
* Monthly visit, card, or phone contact to shut-ins, perhaps with cookies.
* Plan special luncheons for funerals, Lent, and other special events, e.g. a women’s tea or luncheon.
* Involve other members of the congregation in member care activities.
* Send holiday cards to shut-ins, sick, elderly and prayer list members for Thanksgiving, Christmas.
* Outreach to new members to invite their participation.
* Deliver meals/soup to sick members, as needed.
* Oversee kitchen maintenance, such as cleaning surfaces and freezer. Stock cupboards, purchase supplies, etc. as needed.
* Update congregational directory as needed.